10 TYPES OF CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY OF FUTURE
- 3D printing: Using large-scale 3D printers, it’s possible to construct entire buildings using a variety of materials, such as concrete, plastics, and metals. This technology can significantly reduce construction time and costs.
- Prefabrication and modular construction: Building components can be manufactured off-site and then assembled on-site, reducing construction time and waste.
- Robotic construction: Robotics and automation can be used to construct buildings, including bricklaying, roofing, and other tasks.
- BIM (Building Information Modeling): BIM is a digital representation of a building, which can be used to improve design and construction processes.
- Green roofs and walls: Green roofs and walls can improve the energy efficiency of buildings, reduce the urban heat island effect, and improve air quality.
- Smart and sustainable materials : The development of new, more sustainable building materials that can be used in construction. Such as, Cross Laminated Timber, engineered lumber, mass timber etc.
- Drones for site surveying and inspection: Drones can be used to survey sites, inspect buildings, and monitor construction progress.
- Augmented reality and virtual reality: These technologies can be used to design buildings, plan construction, and train workers.
- Automatic waste sorting and recycling: Automation of waste sorting process, such as sorting and separating different materials, will help to recycle or repurpose waste.
- Internet of Things (IoT) enabled building: IoT sensors can be used to monitor and control various aspects of a building, including energy usage, temperature, and air quality.
These are some of the construction technologies of future which are rapidly developing to make construction process more efficient, sustainable, and cost-effective. However, it’s important to note that the technologies that will be adopted and used in the future may change as technology and industry trends continue to evolve.